We have always had online lessons as an option, but now we are expanding our repertoire of online offerings. We are happy to help everyone stay safe at home, and to give kids, teens, and adults a fun, productive hobby while at home. Whether you already have experience or are just starting out, we have many options for you to learn music from home.
Option 1: Interactive Video Lessons
The same experience as a private lesson, but online! Here, you would be interacting with your teacher in real-time on an online video chat platform. Skype is our preferred platform and it’s free to sign up. We are open to using other platforms if your computer or phone is not compatible with Skype. Some of our students have been taking in-person lessons and are temporarily going online, while other have been taking their lessons exclusively online for a long time.
Since online students can come from anywhere, our rates for online lessons are somewhat scaled to the area in which the student resides. In comparison, our rates for in-person lessons are highly competitive to typical rates in Santa Clarita, California. When requesting online lessons, please let us know where you’re from. Rates are for once a week/4 times per month:
30 min: $90-105/mo
45 min: $120-145/mo
60 min: $160-185/mo
Option 2: Custom Weekly Lesson Videos
A very low-cost and flexible option, because our custom lesson videos do not require the student and teacher to set up a reoccurring weekly schedule. Rather, as a student, you can complete your weekly lesson assignment any time you want. And at only $50/month, it’s super affordable! Here’s how it works:
- Send us an email describing:
(a) The instrument and what kind of music you or your child wants to learn (i.e. rock, pop, classical, favorite artists, etc).
(b) The age of the student.
(c) The experience level of the student (i.e. whether you are a beginner or how long you have been playing).
2. Every week, you teacher will send you an assignment describing what to practice, along with demonstration videos of how to practice this assignment.
3. Complete the assignment any time within that week. Film yourself practicing the assignment and send your teacher your practice video. You can also ask the teacher questions or request to learn a new song.
4. Your teacher will watch your practice video and send you feedback. Then you will get a new assignment for the week, and the cycle repeats.
Benefits of this program:
- 100% flexible: You can complete the assignment and submit your practice videos any time you want, no need to set up a weekly lesson appointment. Learn in the niches of your free time: perfect for a busy or fluctuating schedule.
- Personalized Feedback: Sure, there are thousands of free online videos, and low-cost smartphone apps, but none of those give you any specific feedback so that you know if you played the song correctly and how to improve. We will give you that feedback, so you don’t have to sit and wonder, “Am I doing this right?” You can also ask specific questions, such as “Why do I get a buzzy sound when I play guitar chords?” and your teacher will provide a clear and concise answer to help YOU improve.
- Great for any age: Most online videos and smartphone apps are catered to teens and adults, so the explanations could seem too fast for a young child. Since our program is customized, it can work for students of all ages and backgrounds. For example, if your child wants to learn a rock song such as “Iron Man,” but the song is too difficult for his/her level, we can demonstrate a simplified version so your children can play their favorite songs without frustration.
- Affordable: Our rate for this service is only $50/month! That’s the lowest cost you’ll find for customized music instruction!
Get Started: Send us an email at Sunchomusic@gmail.com, or in the Contact page of this website.